The Sacramental Satanic Temple
|The Sacramental Satanic Temple|
|Entity Type||Nonprofit Religious Corporation|
|Physical Address||702 E Santa Clara St, San Jose CA 95112|
|Mail Address||545 Meridian Ae D-26585, San Jose CA 95112|
|Registered Agent||Matthew Pappas|
|Doing Business As||N/A|
The Sacramental Satanic Temple is a California-based nonprofit religious corporation registered in the state of California. It was created Oct., 6, 2021. "Mathew Pappas", or "Matthew Pappas" is its registered agent and only listed officer; however a "Corinna Reyes" signed the initial documentation.
The organization's stated purpose includes but is not limited to:
- "Encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will. Develop chapter programs and campaigns to effective carry out the above mission statement[.] Promote a Satanic community in San Jose and the surrounding area. Foster education among members, and the public when opportunities arise, about The Satanic Temple and the tradition of Romantic Satanism. Promote critical thinking, science and reason among members."
It is possible this is not an official chapter with approval from the national organization, however, because under the names "Matthew Pappas", "Mathew Pappas", and "Pappas Law Firm", numerous other incorporated entities that also contain "Sacramental" are registered.Further, Pappas has been involved in failed litigation regarding religious freedom and illicit drugs within the framework of Native American religion.
- ↑ The Sacramental Satanic Temple, California SOS# C4797354
- ↑ sos.ca.gov, Initial Filing, PDF download
- ↑ Initial Filing, Control ID 4797354
- ↑ "Matthew Pappas", "Mathew Pappas", "Pappas Law Firm", all from OpenCorporates.com
- ↑ CourthouseNews.com, "Lawyer No-Show Tanks Sacramental Pot Case"