Matthew A. Kezhaya is a lawyer from Arkansas who has represented TST in multiple lawsuits. Per recent letters to the FDA in relation to abortion in Texas, he describes himself as "general counsel for The Satanic Temple, Inc. (“TST”), an IRS-recognized atheistic religious corporation."
According to his website, "By refusing to accept trial losses, Matt has developed a reputation for being "the appeals guy" in Northwest Arkansas."
TST-related cases which Matthew has lost include:
- Satanic Temple, Inc. v. City of Scottsdale [ No. CV18-00621-PHX-DGC, 2020 WL 587882 (D. Ariz.Feb. 6, 2020) ]
- Satanic Temple, The v. Belle Plaine, City of et al. "Satanic Temple I" (0:19-cv-01122-WMW-JFD)
- Satanic Temple, The v. Belle Plaine, City of et al. "Satanic Temple II" (0:2021cv00336)
- Satanic Temple, Inc, v. Lamar Advertising of Louisiana, LLC (04CV-20-2100)
Pending cases include:
- The Satanic Temple Inc. and Anne Doe V. John William Hellerstedt, MD, in his official capacity as Executive Commissioner of the Department Of State Health Services, Texas Department of State Health Services, and Planned Parenthood Center For Choice, Inc. (CASE NO. 4:21-CV-00387)
- Archive.org, Nov. 27, 2020, Matt's unfair advantage is his dedication and resilience. By refusing to accept trial losses, Matt has developed a reputation for being "the appeals guy" in Northwest Arkansas. Appeals are a chance to turn a trial loss into a win. Appeals are hard to win because the system doesn't want to keep hearing and rehearing cases. Matt wins appeals. Attorneys and governments send clients to Matt when the stakes are at their highest.