The Satanic Temple Inc
|The Satanic Temple Inc|
|Entity Type||Nonprofit Church|
|Physical Address||64 BRIDGE STREET, SALEM, MA 01970|
|Mail Address||519 Somerville Ave, #288, Somerville, MA 0214|
|Registered Agent||Douglas Misicko|
|Doing Business As||N/A|
|Past Names||The Satanic Temple|
The Satanic Temple, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and Chapter 180 Religious Company.
It was initially registered as "The Satanic Temple" before having its name changed to "The Satanic Temple, Inc." on May 24, 2019. "The Satanic Temple, Inc." was the original owner of the trademark "The Satanic Temple" due to a filing error. 
It is distinct from United Federation of Churches, LLC, which also does business as "The Satanic Temple."
The Satanic Temple, Inc. was organized Nov. 14, 2017, in Salem, Massachusetts at 64 Bridge Street, a property shared with United Federation of Churches and several other corporations owned by Cevin Soling.
Unlike "The Satanic Temple", Federal EIN 82-3404757 "The Satanic Temple, Inc." is owned solely by Misicko. In February 2019, it achieved Public Charity Status under Section 170(b)(1)(A)(i), "a church or a convention or association of churches."  The organization is not required to file an annual return with the IRS because it is a church, however, GuideStar lists its Principal Officer as "Lucien Greaves" and its Co-Principal Officer as "Malcolm Jarry". The associated website for charity is TheSatanicTemple.com.
In the online store for TheSatanicTemple.com, products such as hoodies, hot sauce, and most items in the collection "TST V. Texas" proceed as typical sales. However, donation pages such as "Contribute To The Satanic Temple" or items listed as "Contribute to the Religious Reproductive Rights Legal Aid Fund" include the following text:
The Satanic Temple Inc. has been involved in at least five lawsuits since its formation, including continuing cases begun by United Federation of Churches LLC.
|Date Filed||Case name||Original Jurisdiction||Case Number||Result||Appeal|
|2/05/2021||The Satanic Temple, Inc. et al v. Hellerstedt et al||US District Court for the Southern District of Texas||4:21-cv-00387||Ongoing, 2/4 counts dismissed||-|
|2/04/2021||Satanic Temple, Inc v. Belle Plaine, City of ("Satanic Temple II")||US District Court for the District of Minnesota||0:2021cv00336||Dismissed and Sanctioned (failure)||Appealed (Ongoing)|
|1/20/2021||The Satanic Temple, Inc. v. City of Boston||US District Court of Massachusetts - Boston||1:21-cv-10102||Ongoing||-|
|9/27/2020||The Satanic Temple, Inc. v. Lamar Advertising of Louisiana, LLC||19th West Circuit Court 5 (Benton County, Ark.)||04CV-20-2100||Terminated (Unclear)||-|
|4/25/2019||Satanic Temple, The v. Belle Plaine, City of ("Satanic Temple I")||US District Court for the District of Minnesota||0:19-cv-01122-WMW-JFD||Dismissed (failure)||Appealed (ongoing)|
|2/26/2018||The Satanic Temple, Inc., et al v. City of Scottsdale||US District Court of Arizona - Phoenix||2:2018cv00621||Failed||Affirmed (failure)|
|2021||Baphomet Things Happen In Philadelphia||$7,341||$3,000||Yes|
- The Satanic Temple, Inc., MA SOS# 001299281
- In the statement, line 2, "The Satanic Temple, Inc." should be deleted, and The Satanic Temple should be inserted., Justia.Com
- The Satanic Temple, FEIN 82-3404757
- GuideStar profile for "The Satanic Temple"
- TheSatanicTemple.com, "Donate"
- CourtListener.com, Aug. 6th, 2021, Plaintiffs The Satanic Temple, Inc and Ann Doe withdrew their claims asserted under Count 2 as to the Equal Protection Clause. They also noted no objection to the dismissal of their claims under Count 4 as to the Texas Religious Freedom and Restoration Act for lack of subject matter jurisdiction. Counts 2 and 4 were DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Without objection, Texas HHSC was DISMISSED from this action because the TRFRA was the only claim asserted against it.
- CourtListener.com, Defendant’s motion for sanctions in Satanic Temple II, No. 21-cv-0336, (Dkt. 17), is GRANTED.
- 0:21-cv-03079, Case filed: Sept. 16, 2021, Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- UniversalHub.com, Satanists allowed to continue to press claim that the way the City Council picks clergy for invocations is unconstitutional, July 21, 2021
- 0:21-cv-00336 - Case Filed: Feb 04, 2021
- 04CV-20-2100 - Case Filed: Sep. 27, 2020; Terminated: Feb 26, 2021 via voluntary dismissal (without prejudice)
- Dallas Observer, "Satanists Posted a Dallas Billboard Advocating for Reproductive Rights: 'Abortions Save Lives!'" Dec. 22, 2020, In September, TST sued Lamar Advertising Co. for religious discrimination because it had refused to post the religious organization’s designs. The advertising giant denies the temple’s initial allegations, according to a TST press release. Although Goodwin can’t comment on the active lawsuit, she said TST ultimately struck a deal with billboard company Clear Channel Outdoor.
- StarTribune.com, Satanic Temple lawsuit against Belle Plaine will move forward, despite court dismissal of most of its claims; 1 of 10 counts still remains in the Scott County battle over church and state, Aug. 4, 2020
- CourtListener.com, ORDER. IT IS HEREBY ORDERED: 1. Defendant's motion for summary judgment as to Plaintiff's promissory-estoppel claim in Satanic Temple I, No. 19-cv-1122 81 is GRANTED. 2. Plaintiff's motion to strike in Satanic Temple I, No. 19-cv- 1122 100 is DENIED. 3. The magistrate judge's January 26, 2021 Order in Satanic Temple I, No. 19-cv-1122 79 is AFFIRMED. 4. Defendant's motion to dismiss the complaint in Satanic Temple II, No. 21-cv-0336 10 is GRANTED. 5. Plaintiff 039;s motion to strike in Satanic Temple II, No. 21-cv-0336 29 is DENIED. 6. Defendant's motion for sanctions in Satanic Temple II, No. 21-cv-0336 17 is GRANTED. Within fourteen days after the date of this Order, Defendant shall file a mot ion and supporting evidence as to the attorneys' fees Defendant incurred responding to the complaint and seeking sanctions in Satanic Temple II, No. 21-cv-0336. (Written Opinion) Signed by Judge Wilhelmina M. Wright on 9/15/2021. Associated Cases: 0:19-cv-01122-WMW-JFD, 0:21-cv-00336-WMW-JFD (RJE)
- Case begun by United Federation of Churches, LLC
- Video of Oral Arguments to 20-15338 The Satanic Temple, Inc. v. City of Scottsdale
- Appeals Court Upholds Ruling Blocking Satanist Invocation in Scottsdale (AZ), by Hemant Mehta for Friendly Atheist
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit decision upholding lower court ruling
- Baphomet Things Happen In Philadelphia, The Love City Satanists are working diligently to bring you our first Satanic fundraiser. All proceeds will go directly to The Satanic Temple to help support their many causes. Our goal is to expand, excite, unite and raise awareness within our Satanic community in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Baphomet's Ball, Satanic Fundraiser and Hell-A-Thon!. We are hosting a free virtual benefit concert on TST.TV along with a fundraiser campaign which will run for 666 hours (about 28 days) and feature some killer special items for early bird donors including some one-of-a-kind pieces you don't want to miss. The show will be replayable on TST.TV throughout the month and afterward so you can keep rocking out again and again!
- Giving Tuesday 2020, [Call-to-Action] Please join us for #GivingTuesday to raise $50,000 and sponsor a new cohort of 50 Kids Now Mentees