Cevin Soling, left; "Malcolm Jarry", center, (per NYT); and "Malcolm Jarry", right, (per Shane Bugbee)
|Born||August 5, 1966|
|Other Names||Malcolm Jarry, Calvin Soling, Paul Anson; possibly also Samuel Hines, Paul Fillmore|
|Occupation||owner of United Federation of Churches, LLC, other corporations|
|Satanic Affiliation||The Satanic Temple|
Cevin D. Soling is a Massachusetts-based business owner whose Wikipedia article describes him "an American writer, filmmaker, philosopher, musician, music producer, and artist". In a Village Voice article in 2014, Shane Bugbee identified Soling as using the pseudonym "Malcolm Jarry" in his public capacity with The Satanic Temple.
Prior to becoming involved in what later became The Satanic Temple, and continuing thereafter, Soling produced a number of independent documentary films under the Spectacle Films banner. Examples included "Urine: Good Health"(1999), described by the Spectacle Films website as a film which "objectively explores the claims of proponents of urine therapy as well as the views of some of the world’s preeminent doctors and researchers regarding the medical uses of urine", .
Claims to be a cargo cult Messiah
Soling's 2016 film "Mr Cevin and the Cargo Cult" is summarised on IMDb as "Harvard graduate student, Cevin Soling, sets out to fulfill the tribal prophecy of a mysterious cargo cult - this is the story of what happens when he succeeds.". An article by UK newspaper The Guardian describes an encounter with Soling by journalists investigating cargo cult believers on the island of Vanuatu: "In Tanna, Tonks and I saw platoons of men marching under the midday sun. We also met Cevin Soling, a documentary-maker from Boston who for years had brought strange cargo – salad spinners, fishing tackle for people who don’t fish, medical equipment – to John Frum believers in Sulphur Bay.
“Apparently there was a prophecy I would come,” said Soling, wearing white chinos and a baseball cap. Indeed, in a speech to believers, the chief of Sulphur Bay described him as the “last man” who would reveal the destination of their movement. Soling had tried to turn the whole endeavour into a documentary, and even made necklaces with his own face printed on them.".
Opposition to Public Schools
Soling's 2009 film "The War on Kids" details Soling's opposition to the American public schooling system. The Spectacle Films website describes the film as "Focusing on public education, The War on Kids demonstrates how American public schools have become modeled after prisons in response to fear and a burgeoning intolerance of youth. The oppressive environment that students are subjected to, coupled with brutal responses to any transgression including the drugging of children,are shown to have long-term repercussions beyond creating a generation of dysfunctional adults. Ultimately, democracy itself is under siege."
Position on State of Israel
Music, Film, Publishing, and Entertainment Corporations
Soling is the listed manager of United Federation of Churches, LLC, which also does business as "The Satanic Temple". The LLC owns the trademark "Lucien Greaves," the public name used by the corporation's registered agent and other signatory, Douglas Misicko.  However, according to an archived version of TST's website, as late as May 2013, posts with the display name "Lucien" were still coming from the author username "cevin".
As of 2021, a "Malcolm Jarry" is still listed as the legal registered agent of Cinephobia LLC, which owns and operates TST's streaming service "The Satanic Temple TV", along with Soling and Misicko.  Soling is president and treasurer of Reason Alliance, Ltd, with Misicko serving as director, vice president, and clerk. Soling is the sole owner and fills all officer roles of Alliance for Integrity and Justice Ltd.
Additionally, Soling is the sole owner of 64 Bridge LLC, through which he owns 64 Bridge St, Salem, MA 01970, "the international headquarters for The Satanic Temple" and "Salem Art Gallery". It is also the registered address of many of Soling's Massachusetts-based corporations.
Outside of Massachusetts, Soling is listed as the owner of Spectacle Films Inc, Xemu Records Inc, and according to third party registers, many others (see below).
|ID#||Legal Name||Company Type||Registered Agent||State||Physical Address||Established||Dissolution|
|001343142||Cinephobia LLC||Domestic LLC||Malcolm Jarry (Registered Agent), Cevin Soling (Manager), Doug Misicko (Manager)||MA||64 Bridge Street, Salem, MA, 01970||8/26/2018||-|
|001325870||Alliance For Integrity And Justice Ltd.||Nonprofit Corporation||Cevin Soling||MA||47 High Street Suite #444, Medford, MA, 02155||3/3/2018||-|
|001299281||The Satanic Temple Inc||Nonprofit Corporation||Douglas Misicko (registered agent),, Lucien Greaves (principal officer), Malcolm Jarry (co-principal officer)||MA||64 Bridge Street, Salem, 01970 MA||11/14/2017||-|
|001230217||The Alliance For Self-directed Education, Inc.||Nonprofit Corporation||Peter Gray (Resident Agent, President), Cevin Soling (Director)||MA||9 King Philip Trail, Norfolk, MA, 02056||7/2/2016||-|
|001178574||Sixty Four Bridge LLC||Domestic LLC||Cevin Soling||MA||64 Bridge Street, Salem, 01970 MA||6/23/2015||-|
|720461||350 Village Street LLC||Domestic LLC||Cevin Soling||NH||112 4th Street, Medford, MA, 02155, USA||1/26/2015||1/6/2019|
|471933964||Reason Alliance, Ltd.||Nonprofit Corporation||Malcolm Jarry||MA||64 Bridge Street, Salem, 01970 MA||9/6/2014||-|
|001127600||United Federation Of Churches, LLC||Domestic LLC||Douglas Misicko (registered agent), Cevin Soling (manager)||MA||64 Bridge Street, Salem, 01970 MA||2/4/2014||-|
|3775372||MK-ULTRA, LLC||Domestic LLC||Cevin Soling||NY||2 East Broadway Suite 901, New York, New York, 10038||2/17/2009||-|
|3250795||World Watch Productions Inc.||Domestic Not-for-Profit Corporation||Cevin Soling||NY||609 Kappock Street #1A, Bronx, New York, 10463||8/31/2005||-|
|2755378||A2X Records, LLC||Domestic LLC||None||NY||31 East Main Street, Suite 200, ROCHESTER, NEW YORK, 14614||04/16/2002||-|
|2268917||Monolithic Industries, LLC||Domestic LLC||Cevin D Soling||NY||609 Kappock Street #1a, Bronx, New York, 10463||6/12/1998||-|
|LLC4571-1997||Mad World, LLC||Domestic LLC||Cevin Soling (Managing Member)
Samuel Buckingham (Registered Agent)
|NV||8005 Cetus Circle, No 201, Las Vegas, NV, 89128||11/17/1997||11/30/1998|
|000568580||Olmstead Leasing Corporation||Foreign Corporation||Chester Soling (Registered Agent), Cevin Soling (President)||MA||600 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10016||3/10/1997||3/31/2008|
|1967068||Carleton Holdings, Inc.||Foreign Business Corporation||Cevin Soling, Chief Executive Officer||NY||19 West 21st St #503, New York, New York, 10010||10/23/1995||-|
|2547256||Carleton Holdings, Inc.||Domestic Business Corporation||Corporation Service Company||DE||251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, New Castle, DE, 19808||9/28/1995||-|
|1644388||Xemu Records, Inc.||Domestic Business Corporation||Cevin D Soling||NY||2 East Broadway, Suite 901, New York, New York 10038||6/16/1992||-|
|1644379||Spectacle Films, Inc||Domestic Business Corporation||Cevin D. Soling||NY||10 Fiske Place Suite 319, Mount Vernon, 10550 New York||6/16/1992||-|
|1619263||Carleton 130, L.P.||Foreign Limited Partnership||Cevin D. Soling||NY||609 Kappock Street # 1A, Bronx, New York, 10463||3/9/1992||-|
|2289637||Carleton 130, L.P.||Domestic Limited Partnership||The Corporation Trust Company||DE||Corporation Trust Center 1209 Orange St, Wilmington, New Castle, De, 19801||3/2/1992||-|
|1610835||Carleton Kappock, L.P.||Foreign Limited Partnership||Cevin D. Soling||NY||609 Kappock Street #1A, Bronx, New York, 10463||2/6/1992|
|1610833||Agsard Industries, Inc.||Domestic Business Corporation||Robert E. Hill (Registered Agent), Cevin Soling (Chief Executive Officer)||NY||Cevin Soling, 279 W 231st St, Bronx, New York, 10463||2/6/1992||*Not Confirmed In NYDOS Files|
|2287220||Carleton Kappock, L.P.||Domestic Limited Partnership||The Corporation Trust Company||DE||Corporation Trust Center 1209 Orange St, Wilmington, New Castle, DE, 19801||2/5/1992||-|
|1453193||SYK Corporation||Foreign Business Corporation||Cevin D Soling||NY||16 North Broadway, Apt 1P, White Plains, New York, 1060||6/5/1990||6/27/2001|
|1554102||SYK Corporation||Foreign Business Corporation||Cevin Soling (President)
Adam Kristol (Treasurer)
|PA||800 N 2nd St Harrisburg PA 17102||2/28/1990||-|
|2198418||SYK Corporation||Domestic General Corporation||Inactive Agent Account||DE||-||6/6/1989||-|
|1097219||The Soling Family Foundation||Foreign Not-For-Profit Corporation||none||NY||None||12/05/1986||11051 E Placita Cumbia, Tucon, AZ 85730-5814|
|2064805||The Soling Family Foundation||Domestic Exempt Corporation||United States Corporation Company||DE||None||6/21/1985||-|
- ↑ Bugbee says the Temple project’s mastermind, “Malcolm Jarry,” is really Cevin Soling, a documentary filmmaker who runs a company called Spectacle Films. In 2009 Soling made a well-regarded documentary about the American school system, called The War on Kids. He’s also president of the Harvard Extension Cultural Studies Club, the group that sponsored the infamous black mass., https://www.villagevoice.com/2014/07/22/trolling-hell-is-the-satanic-temple-a-prank-the-start-of-a-new-religious-movement-or-both/
- ↑ https://spectaclefilms.com/products/urine-good-health-dvd
- ↑ https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5465690/
- ↑ https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/27/western-men-who-dream-of-being-south-pacific-kings-vanuatu-prophesy
- ↑ https://spectaclefilms.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-war-on-kids-dvd
- ↑ United Federation of Churches, LLC, MA SOS corp #001127600
- ↑ https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/legal-notices
- ↑ https://trademarks.justia.com/862/21/the-satanic-86221887.html
- ↑ https://trademarks.justia.com/885/74/lucien-88574615.html
- ↑ https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale/2020/01/23/scottsdale-v-satanic-tempe-trial-concludes-u-s-district-court/4559239002/
- ↑ WebArchive url ending "author/cevin"
- ↑ Cinephobia LLC, MA SOS corp #001343142
- ↑ The Satanic Temple TV is a media-services platform owned and operated by Cinephobia LLC. Launched in 2019, Cinephobia provides a wide range of video content relevant to The Satanic Temple including but not limited to: live-stream video of rituals, ceremonies, protests and other gatherings; original new media series written and created exclusively for The Satanic Temple TV; video footage of lectures and interviews; and documentary-style features about our campaigns, protests, and other activities., https://thesatanictemple.tv/about/
- ↑ Reason Alliance, Ltd, MA SOS corp #471933964
- ↑ Alliance for Integrity and Justice Ltd, MA SOS corp #001325870
- ↑ 64 Bridge LLC, MA SOS corp #001178574
- ↑ Salem, MA, parcel #36-0153-0
- ↑ https://www.salemartgallery.com/
- ↑ Spectacle Films Inc New York State Department of State #1644379
- ↑ Xemu Records Inc, NY DOS #1644388
- ↑ Open Corporates Listings, "Cevin Soling"
- ↑ Open Corporates Listings, "Cevin D Soling"
- ↑ MA Secretary of State, 2017-2021
- ↑ GuideStar.org, ruling year 2019 lists "Lucien Greaves" as principal officer with "Malcolm Jarry" as co-principal officer, but it's not obvious what documents that is references as the Form 990s are not available
- ↑ Pilato.com, A2X Records LLC is a full service record production company and record label integrating the artist and their ability to create from concept to completion a product through modern technology. When Pigs Fly www.pigsflycd.com was produced, packaged and distributed under A2X Records LLC, a record production company and their affiliates Aorta Entertainment and Xemu Records.
- ↑ Crowdcast.io, In 2002, Aorta merged with the New York City based independent label, Xemu Records, to form a joint venture called A2X Records, LLC, distributed nationally by Redeye Distribution. The first A2X release is a compilation album called WHEN PIGS FLY- THE SONGS YOU NEVER THOUGHT YOU’D HEAR, which was co-produced by Cevin Soling and Bruce Pilato. It features new recordings of classic covers done by artists such as Ani DiFranco & Jackie Chan, Devo, The Fixx, The Oak Ridge Boys, Billy Preston, and others. Pilato is also an archivist and writer for the acclaimed www.wolfgangvault.com website, which features the vast musical archives of the late concert promoter Bill Graham and the historic Fillmore East & West. In 2011, he became Director of Marketing and a Co-producer of the multi-media stage production, THIS IS THE 60s, in conjunction with South Carolina’s Lyric Media Inc. Outside of the entertainment industry, he is an equity partner in the automotive website, CarZoom.com LLC.
- ↑ GuideStar.org, EIN 13-3288798, Form 990-PF for years 2009, 2010, and 2011 completed by Cevin Soling, including final year 2011 which reported complete $804,734 "theft loss" of all foundation assets